We’re working on updating our job listings to keep NAHJ NYC members in-the-know about internships, fellowships and job opportunities. Additionally, we host an annual career fair to get our members in front of recruiters and into more newsrooms.
Sign up online to become an NAHJ member. Be sure to mark “NY Pro Chapter” to join NAHJ NYC.
NAHJ NYC provides a multitude of networking opportunities for its members and beyond. Whether it’s meeting with industry professionals at major networks, linking with similar organizations or casual mixers for members, we’re always looking for ways to connect our journalists with the community.
networking tips and tricks:
- 8 networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 Networking Tips To Help You Make A Great First Impression At An Event
- 33 Networking Tips You Can Easily Read in Under 5 Minutes
We organize professional seminars lead by industry experts at top media organizations. This summer we hosted a resume workshop at the CBS Broadcast Center ahead of NAHJ’s national convention. Talent Aquisition Specialist Delia Camasca shared insight into what recruiters look for on a resume.
- Behold, A Stunning, Creative Resume Template For Every Personality
- 43 Resume Tips That Will Get You Hired
- 185 Powerful Verbs That Will Make Your Resume Awesome
NAHJ awards a slew of scholarships to its members. Our chapter gives additional endowments exclusively available to its constituents.
- AP Style Cheat Sheet
- Atlas by Quartz – a database of data visualizations (say that one 10x fast)
- RTDNA’s code of ethics
- Coverage guidelines – for when you’re unsure how to tackle the hidden camera, a mass shooting, interviews with juveniles, etc.
- Creative Commons Image Search – royalty-free images
- Diverse Sources – a searchable database of underrepresented experts in the areas of science, health and the environment
- Fair use — what is it? A Powerpoint by the Center for Media & Social Impact and the Creative Artists Agency
- Freelancers Union – because you, too, deserve benefits
- oTranscribe – save yourself time and let oTranscribe
- Public Domain Files – from fonts to tv shows, free files to download
- WNYC’s Audiogram Generator – allows podcasters to share soundbites on social media
- Broadcast Journalism programs @ New York Film Academy
- Coursera – earn certifications and degrees from accredited universities
- General Assembly – learn data, coding, marketing, design and business
- Lynda.com – sharpen software, creative and business skills
- MediaBistro – online courses in writing and editing, social media, marketing and business
- Professional Education @ CUNY Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism
- The School of The New York Times