There is no single type of person whom we employ at the FT; our strength is in our employees, from all different backgrounds, united by a passion for delivering compelling, smart journalism.
Visit the FT Careers site for more information on our esteemed Editorial and Technology Graduate Schemes, Benefits, Learning & Development, and Life at the FT.
The FT is looking for a talented and ambitious university student or recent graduate to work with the FT’s Audience Engagement team in New York. Our team helps FT journalism reach and engage with its audience – by producing original content for social media, directly engaging with readers on site, managing engagement projects, monitoring analytics, and advising editors and reporters on best practices.
We are looking for candidates with a proven interest in social media, multimedia production, community engagement or digital journalism in general. Knowledge of business, economics and financial markets is an advantage. You’ll have an opportunity to help conceive, shape and execute engagement strategies and experiments as well as take part in our daily audience engagement activities.
This is a fully paid internship that will be based at the FT’s New York offices. This internship is open to university students and graduates and will last for a period of up to 12 weeks.
Responsibilities could include:
- Assisting the social media team in producing posts and keeping our channels up to date and on the news agenda
- Producing original content specifically for social media to help promote FT journalism (this could include charts, social cards, videos, etc.)
- Helping develop original ideas, experiments and social media strategies around planned news events, breaking news and special projects
- Assisting with direct reader engagement through reader participation projects
- Using data and insights to analyze audience signals and help inform our journalism
- Provide SEO and social trends guidance from social and web listening tools
- Recent college graduate preferred. Will consider applicants still enrolled in university who are able to work business hours during week
- Some previous journalism experience required
- Strong news judgment is required
- Design, video or other multimedia experience is preferred
- Experience working with Adobe Suite or similar a plus
- Interest in making FT journalism accessible to a broader audience
- Good writing and editing skills
- Good communication skills
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the US
In order to be considered you must submit a CV, a cover letter stating why you want to work at the FT and explaining your interest in audience engagement.
Interested applicants are encouraged to reach out directly to Jake Grovum.
This post was copied from the job listing.