Job ID 2018-48609
Performs as presenter of information on news and other stations programs and covers news stories when not anchoring. Part of the “face” for the station and present to its audience and, as such, represents WPIX-TV to the public.
- Read stories on regular scheduled newscasts and other programs produce by the station.
- Writes and/or proofreads stories on assigned broadcasts.
- Covers and reports news stories when not performing anchor duties.
- Contributes ideas for possible stories.
- Read newspapers and magazines to stay informed on current events.
- Works with producers, reporters and associate producers on assigned news broadcast.
- Monitors news feeds when necessary.
- Answer viewer phone calls and mail.
- Performs public speaking engagements and makes other appearance deemed important to the station image by management.
- Develops community contacts.
- Must have BA/BS, prefer journalism/communications major.
- Prefer individual who has either (A) anchored regularly scheduled news broadcasts on a commercial or public television station or on a radio station or (B) worked as a reporter for a broadcast or print news organization.
- Prefer individual have a minimum of three years experience in news, either in broadcasting or print.
Equal Employment Opportunity
This post was copied directly from the job listing.