The largest business and financial news site in the world, with unrivaled access to data, insights and original editorial content.
Yahoo Finance is looking for an experienced copy editor to support both live programming. The copy editor will work with Yahoo Finance’s live show producers to provide quality control in real-time. The ideal editor will have experience working in a fast-paced newsroom where quick turnaround times and factual accuracy is critical. The ideal candidate will have at least a working knowledge of business and finance. This position will be based in New York City.
- Edit banners and chyrons for live shows, both before shows and during shows.
- Attend regular newsroom meetings and show planning meetings.
- Coordinate between show producers and story editors.
- Provide editorial support to reporters and editors.
- 3 – 5 yrs Copy Editing experience
- Experience editing copy in a newsroom, preferably on real time basis.
- Must be knowledgeable of current events, particularly related to business and the economy.
- Financial acumen desirable as it relates to writing and editing financially related content
- Understanding editorial best practices.
- University degree preferred.
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.
This post was copied directly from the job listing.