CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Interactive
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB LOCATION: New York, NY
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on  The Muse,  Instagram and  YouTube for an inside look into ‘Life At CBSi’ through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The CBS Sports Social Media team creates and distributes all content posted from CBS Sports, CBS Sports Network, and CBS Sports Digital’s social media channels. In a sports media landscape that’s cluttered with noise, we take pride in building creative concepts that cut through with our audience and represent the values of our brand.
The Social Media Producer will be a key contributor to CBS Sports’ social media content operation. In addition to covering live sporting events and breaking news, she or he will be responsible with planning for creative reactions to critical sports moments (e.g. Super Bowl, NBA Finals, World Series).
- Keep up to date on breaking sports news and trends
- Monitor live games and studio programming, react accordingly through our social outlets
- Come up with original creative concepts based upon the ongoing social conversation in sports
- Recognize and depict impactful statistics that will attract engagement from our audience
- Create photoshops and memes from scratch via Adobe Premiere
- Plan and execute original creative concepts for major sports moments
- Collaborate with CBS Sports Digital talent to build impactful social content to promote their properties (e.g. podcasts, digital shows)
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- 1-2 years relevant experience in sports social media role
- Extreme passion for all sports, mainly football, basketball, and golf
- Willingness to adapt working schedule to cover prime time sports viewing hours on nights and weekends
- Ability to work under extremely fast turnaround times
- Grasp of Adobe Photoshop and hunger to improve their craft
You might also have –
- Exceptional writing ability and strong understanding of English grammar
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
This post was copied directly from the job listing.