TV Content & Production
NBC News and MSNBC
The Field Producer will help produce long-form content for NBC News. This position is responsible for research, conducting interviews, field producing, shooting, and editing. The Field Producer is expected to both pitch story ideas and work on assigned stories developed by the editorial team.
- Set up, produce and shoot interviews and b-roll in the field
- Work with and manage production crew during shoots
- Organize media in the field and for edit
- Work with producers and editors to come up with creative shooting ideas
• Must have at least 6 years of experience working in long form, package or documentary programming
• Must have substantial shooting experience with a variety of cameras, such as: Sony FS5 and FS7; Canon C-100, C-200 and C-300; Sony A7S; DSLRs including Canon 5Ds; DJI Osmo
• Must have solid, hands-on experience with Avid or similar editing system
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news. Schedules will rotate, but must be able to work all shifts, including weekends and overnights. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed
• Must be willing to work in NY, and must be willing to travel significantly
• Strong interviewing skills
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
• Journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Familiarity with industry developments, especially those that pertain to current shooting styles and equipment
• Familiarity with drone shooting (FAA drone pilot license a plus)
• Investigative reporting experience
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
This post was copied directly from the job listing.