Atlas Obscura is hiring two new Editorial Fellows to join our team and craft original content about history, science, geography, exploration—any subject that’s filled with wonder and surprise. You’ll write short articles as well as longer, more deeply reported pieces, and contribute to our databases of wondrous places and foods. This entry-level position is paid, and lasts six months, from a start date of January 2, 2019. It is based in our offices in Brooklyn, New York.
- Brainstorming, developing, researching, writing, revising, and fact-checking stories that distinguish Atlas Obscura’s coverage.
- Working closely with senior editorial staff and others to refine story ideas and improve drafts.
- Pitching in across departments to provide editorial support.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Some applicable writing and journalism education or experience.
- Outstanding research and writing skills.
- Photo research skills.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Passion for Atlas Obscura’s mission of instilling a sense of wonder in our audience.
You’ll Get Noticed If:
- You’re an idea-generating machine.
- You demonstrate a willingness to collaborate across departments.
- You have a sense of humor and work well with others.
- You have social media skills.
- You have a fresh perspective on the world.
To apply, please email a résumé, cover letter, and three work samples (links or PDFs) to email@example.com, with the words “Editorial Fellow” at the beginning of your subject line. Applications will be accepted through November 9, 2018.
This post was copied directly from the online listing.