Quartz – New York, NY – Full Time
Quartz is seeking a growth editor based in New York to join our Growth team and play a pivotal role in the success of our most ambitious editorial projects. Your mandate will be to develop bespoke distribution and audience strategies for high-concept, award-winning journalistic features that include everything from print books and video series to year-round feature series and live events.
The Growth Editor should be a goal-oriented strategic thinker who can conceive and execute multimedia campaigns from start to finish. The ideal candidate is immersed in the social conversation, has a strong instinct for the stories that audiences find engaging, and is adept at using data to provide feedback and refine strategy over time. You are at your best brainstorming ideas, working with writers and editors to hone theirs, identifying unique angles, and crafting creative approaches to finding an audience for them.
This position requires someone who has a facility with data, an entrepreneurial approach to their work, and the ability to move quickly while maintaining accuracy. You will be a team player who is able to multitask in a fast-paced global newsroom.
Specifically, the growth editor, special projects, will collaborate with writers, editors, PR, brand marketing and video journalists on big editorial initiatives. Daily responsibilities will include optimizing and packaging stories, using data to inform editorial and distribution strategies strategies, maintaining relationships with external partners and platforms and creating and programming content as necessary. This editor will be intellectually curious, enjoy experimenting to figure out what works, and be hungry to understand the world better.
- Working with writers and editors on story framings and headlines, and advising on story packaging for special projects and series.
- Develop distribution strategies and find niche audiences for Quartz’s ambitious editorial series.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external publishing partners like Facebook, Twitter and Google.
- Use data to report results to key stakeholders, identify new growth opportunities, and ensure projects are on track to hit audience goals.
- Create and execute engagement strategies that leverage Quartz community across our social channels.
Quartz recruits talent for two salient attributes or qualities:
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Quartz work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Quartz seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Quartz writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
This post was copied directly from the online listing.