TV Content & Production
NBC News and MSNBC
Be on the front lines of producing and reporting the news for MSNBC by writing creative and compelling live lower-third banner chyrons for dayside programming
- Research, write and edit MSNBC’s lower-third banner chyrons, the “front page” of MSNBC’s coverage and a crucial vehicle for relaying information in an age when people channel-surf or watch television with the sound off
- Produce other vital on-screen content for MSNBC’s dayside programming
- Monitor live events, coverage and chyrons from the control room
- Track major news stories throughout the day to update banners and elements accordingly
- Communicate daily story development with senior editors/producers
- Coordinate with shows, correspondents and other editorial partners to ensure editorial accuracy and precision
· Bachelor’s degree ideally in journalism or a similar field
· Must have at least 6 years of experience in live television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.) or digital journalism
· Demonstrated experience writing under tight deadline pressure
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through http://www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
· Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
· Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news. Schedules will rotate, but must be able to work all shifts, including weekends and overnights. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
This post was copied directly from the online listing.