Atlantic Media Fellowship
Washington, DC and New York, NY – Full Time
Atlantic Media is a nationally-recognized, award-winning, and digital-first media enterprise whose publications — The Atlantic, National Journal and Government Executive — are among the most influential media outlets in America. Atlantic Media is growing, evolving, and causing major disruption in the world of media.
Atlantic Media Fellowship
Atlantic Media offers highly ambitious recent college graduates a unique full-time opportunity to participate in our Fellowship Program. This Program is a structured, year-long, paid fellowship for top-tier talent committed to careers in media in business or editorial functions. Additionally, the Atlantic Media Fellows participate in the Atlantic Media Academy, a comprehensive curriculum providing a 360-degree view of the modern media industry covering the editorial, operational, and economic sides of both magazine and digital journalism today.
The Fellowship will begin in January 2019 and will run through December 2019. All Fellowship opportunities will be located in Washington, D.C. or New York, NY.
Editorial Fellowship opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Branded Content
- Copy Editing
- Event Content Creation
- Multimedia Editing
- Social Media
- Video Production
Who an Atlantic Media Editorial Fellow Is:
As a world-renowned enterprise that thinks and acts like a digital media startup, we place a premium on finding exceptional talent. We seek individuals with fresh perspectives who constantly push us to be at the forefront of an increasingly digital, mobile and social world.
Attributes Particular to the Role:
- Passionate: Having a strong interest in journalism and online media
- Conscientious: Concerned with detail and possessing effective time management and organizational skills
- Mature: Poised and adept at exhibiting “grace under pressure”
Atlantic Media Values – at Least by Aspiration:
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Atlantic Media is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans, and those with disabilities.
We will be reviewing applications on a continual basis and encourage candidates to apply in advance of the deadline. We will no longer accept applications after midnight on October 8th.
This post was copied directly from the online listing.