Writer/Editor – RachaelRayShow.com
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Interactive
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB LOCATION: New York, NY
CBS Television Distribution (CTD) is the preeminent company in television syndication. CTD produces or distributes 10 first-run series and holds the largest distributed television library at 70,000 hours strong. Among CTD’s critically-acclaimed programs are the #1 syndicated series Judge Judy; talk leader Dr. Phil; the #1 and #2 rated game shows Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!; the Emmy Award-winning talk shows Rachael Ray and The Doctors; the #1 and #2 newsmagazines Entertainment Tonight and Inside Edition, along with The Insider; court show Hot Bench; and popular off-network product, including the CSI, NCIS and Star Trek franchises, Everybody Loves Raymond, Frasier, Criminal Minds, Elementary, The Good Wife, Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five-0, Hot in Cleveland and Undercover Boss. In addition, CTD handles the domestic television distribution of CBS News, CBS Films and Showtime.
RachaelRayShow.com is part of CBS Interactive, which is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on  The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
RachaelRayShow.com is seeking a passionate editor with a love for food and pop culture. Candidate should be a self-starter with experience working for a major brand and have the ability to handle multiple tasks on quick deadlines, as well as create a large volume of content quickly. The ability to problem solve and stay organized under pressure is crucial in this role. Experience in television is a plus, but not required. A deep expertise in lifestyle content, including food, home and DIY is essential.
- Collaborate with broadcast producers and digital team to translate show segments into digital wins, specifically:
- Work closely with video editor to repackage broadcast show segments into digital video clips for our website, FB, IG, YouTube and syndication partners such as AOL
- Write a variety of stories across food, family, fashion, beauty, home, health, DIY and personal finance categories, ensuring the Rachael Ray voice (that approachable, fun, can-do tone everyone loves) remains consistent
- Pitch and execute email newsletters
- Repackage archive content into evergreen features and/or videos tied to holidays, tentpoles, show events, etc.
- Produce special/branded content packages as required
- Manage giveaways, inventory and sweepstakes — from prize acquisition to legal documentation and fulfillment
- 3+ years experience in digital media; food, lifestyle, women’s service and/or pop-culture preferred
- Graceful under pressure while multitasking
- Proven editorial instincts and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of how stories are shared and consumed differently across digital, social, mobile and email platforms, and ability to use analytics, to help guide story selection and distribution
- Must have a rich portfolio of skills that demonstrates strong and fast writing and editing.
- Portfolio should include examples of clever and SEO-friendly headlining, creative story packaging and light multimedia skills (choosing imagery, resizing/adding simple graphics, creating social-forward videos or GIFs, etc).
- On-going familiarity with the coolest things on the internet and an eye for spotting trends
- Must be flexible and have the ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Experience with syndication is a plus
- Working knowledge of content management systems is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
This post was copied directly from the online listing.