Position: Video Intern at OZY, Full time, starting asap.
Who do we want? Are you an ace Premier Pro editor and videographer? Ready to try something different in journalism? At OZY, we produce all kinds of videos, from mini-docs to interviews to short vignettes. We are looking for enthusiastic, thorough, professional and creative interns to work with us. We want people who are highly motivated and detail-oriented with a keen eye for strong, surprising and thought-provoking video to help our readers see more, be more and do more. You will work hard but receive the benefit of committed guidance. We’re looking for interns who want to be actively involved in the team and have what it takes to run with ideas and own them.
- Extremely professional and committed
- Strong visual literacy and communication and project-management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Broad cultural and current-events knowledge
- Adobe Premiere Pro editing skills
- Camera, shooting and directing experience preferred
- Studies in visual arts or journalism preferred
- Interest in the future of digital media
Day-to-day responsibilities: No one day at OZY is the same. Interns will work on numerous tasks assisting our video producers, including research, web production, editing and shooting. Interns will be able to serve as PAs or second camera on numerous shoots in the field on a weekly basis. They will also string out rough edits and organize footage. They will be exposed to a wide variety of production skills and will be expected to pitch stories and possibly contribute to the site as a video producer. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn video production for an editorial outfit from the ground up.