BuzzFeed is looking for an inspiring and creative Managing Editor for our new Reviews site for a full-time role. Working out of our New York office, you’ll have experience working in digital media, an interest in consumer products, and the desire to help grow a new brand from the ground up. If you’re the type of person who loves detail and managing logistics but also leaning in on big, creative projects, this is the job for you.
The Managing Editor will play a central role in the development, growth, and strategy for BuzzFeed Reviews, with a dotted line to teams across BuzzFeed, from tech to sales to affiliate to editorial. An ability to be flexible, communicate well, and balance the needs of various team members is crucial. Bonus for anyone with an existing freelance-writer network.
- Oversee the editorial calendar and strategy for BF Reviews and review content on BuzzFeed
- Create and assign story ideas and edit content
- Manage development of new features and maintenance of site development with tech team
- Analyze and report on traffic and implement strategies for growth
- Manage budget for the site’s operations and development
- Manage a freelance network (immediate) and/or small team (future)
- 5+ years managing and editing at a digital media company
- Extremely organized and deadline-driven
- Strong editing and writing skills
- Firm understanding of the BuzzFeed audience and voice
- Previous affiliate experience and knowledge of SEO a big plus
FYI — just because you don’t meet every requirement doesn’t mean we don’t want to hear from you. If you think you’d be a good fit for the job anyway, use your cover letter to tell us why!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats… even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.