Job ID 586672BRLocation New York, New York, United StatesBusiness Disney ABC Television GroupDate posted Aug. 24, 2018
Good Morning America is hiring a Digital Reporter to join the GMA Digital team.
The Digital Reporter will be dedicated to writing and enterprising daily articles on Style, Beauty, Relationships, Food, Family, Career, Travel, Wellness, and Culture for Goodmorningamerica.com.
This person must love lifestyle content and demonstrate a knowledge of the stories that engage a mobile millennial audience in the lifestyle space and across social media. Strong writing skills and an authentic and relevant voice are paramount for this role; having relevant contacts in the verticals listed is also a plus.
The writer should have impeccable editorial judgment, storytelling abilities and thrive in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment, meeting daily deadlines and juggling multiple assignments.
We’re looking for someone who can report on relevant issues and identify fun and inspiring lifestyle trends before they’re everywhere. The role works collaboratively with the GMA digital video and social teams to create complete digital multi-media packages that live on our platforms.
- Conceive, pitch, report and write lifestyle stories and eCommerce stories that engage the GMA digital audience on a daily basis.
- Closely monitor lifestyle trends.
- Execute plans around special series, events, and projects.
- Minimum 2 years of experience writing for an online lifestyle brand in a fast-paced environment meeting daily deadlines.
- Strong digital writing skills with experience in the lifestyle space, writing stories that engage a mobile millennial audience.
- Excellent time-management, organizational and planning skills with an impeccable attention to detail.
- A willingness to work collaboratively with members of the GMA team and take direction on all editorial decisions.
- Adherence to the highest standards of journalism.
- Strong familiarity of SEO practices preferred and a deep knowledge of what content performs well for a lifestyle brand.
Lifestyle background; Working knowledge of social discovery tools.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world’s most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you’ve got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.