Do you count food pop-ups instead of sheep as you fall asleep? Do you foresee cocktail trends by sheer mental might? And do you wake up every day, thankful that you live in the greatest food city in the world?
amNewYork is looking for a Features Manager passionate about NYC dining and bars who will grow our Eat & Drink vertical in addition to helping manage and expand all of amNY.com. We’re looking for a creative journalist with a knowledge of NYC events, trends and style. Daily responsibilities include: creating and curating content for amNY.com, with a focus on developing features sections and, in particular, Eat & Drink; monitoring local and national news and identifying important issues/trends for our audience; keeping a close eye on analytics; and, in creating content, thinking about our many platforms, from site to social.
- Bachelors degree in journalism (or related field).
- 2-3 years of web experience.
- Love of the city and solid grammar/writing skills are a must.
- A sense of humor and quick-witted writing style/voice are required.
- Video experience is required.
- Professional social media and hard news experience is a plus.
- Experience with Polopoly is a plus.
- This position involves one weekend shift and some evening hours.
- ·Please submit a cover letter, resume and samples or links of your work.
amNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
This post was copied directly from the online listing.